Need help on a graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okay so I want a ATI radeon x700.However, it says that "DVD playback requires DVD drive." Does that mean that if I WANT to have a DVD playback I have to have a DVD drive or does it mean I have to have a DVD drive. The problem is I do not have a DVD drive. Can I still get it?

yes, you can still use the X700 without a DVD-ROM. so any regular CD-ROM games will work just fine but you won't be able to watch a DVD on your computer

Yeah what the above poster said is correct.

Just one question. Why are you getting a X700? As far as I know a GeForce 6600GT would be cheaper and at the same time work better.

Well, X700's *are* cheaper than 6600GT's if PCI-E, but not by much (about 20-30 bucks more)... but I agree with the previous poster. You'd be MUCH better off scraping up the remaining 20-30 bucks and getting a 6600GT... or even better an X800GT with 256-bit memory at the same price as 6600GT's.

I want to get this card because it's cheap. Also the reviews I have read say this is better than a 6600. That's why. Also, thank you for your replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back