Need help on ati 9600pro. I get low fps *tried other threads* pls help

Status
Not open for further replies.

markgab

Hey mates, im really having problems with my ati 9600pro graphic card it seems that when i play cs i get about 30-80fps. The problem is before i changed to nvidia 6600 and switched back i had 100fps on my ati 9600pro when playing cs. I cant seem to get the graphic card to perform like the past which had 100fps and its stable. I've reformatted my pc and still getting crappy fps.

Here are my system info
Mainboard : Rsrock 775VM800
Processor : Intel Pentium 4 650 @ 3400 MHz
Physical Memory : 1024 MB (2 x 512 DDR-SDRAM )
Video Card : ATI Technologies Inc Radeon 9600 Series (V350)
Hard Disk : ST3160812A (160 GB)
Monitor Type : BenQ FP71G+S - 17 inchs
Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Professionnal 5.01.2600 Service Pack 2
DirectX : Version 9.0c

Fello ati users could you pls tell me how to over come this problems? I've read other threads and i've tried the steps but it still doesnt work.

Or could it be my cpu? Is it to hot?
CPU Core : 1.36 V
+3.3V Voltage : 3.36 V
+5V Voltage : 5.01 V
+12V Voltage : 11.07 V
Processor Fan : 2860 rpm
Processor Temperature : 71 °C
Mainboard Temperature : 38 °C
Hard Disk Temperature ST3160812A : 37 °C

What specifically have you tried? Just saying other threads doesn't help much. Always the first thing to try is drivers, did you update them after you formatted and reinstalled?

I've uninstall all nvidia software & ati software, even searching them and deleting. I've install the motherboard graphic card software. Installed directx9c and did the tweaking mods and still im getting really crappy fps, wasnt like before. Oh yea i even dl'd sphybot & adware to clean up the spyware etc.

Sorry for the double post. Yea i went to powercolor website and dl'd the 6.3 ati update but its like my fps is much more stable but still it ranges from 60-80 it wasnt like before when i had a stable 100. I always thought ati would be a better card imo. I saw in another thread saying ati doesnt work well with opengl.

Here's what I see: I notice that your 12V rail is only putting out 11.07V. That's too low. Also, low voltage is probably causing the low RPMs of the CPU fan.

I'd say your power supply is not supplying the voltage your PC is calling for. Try a better one.

Hi
What mailpup said is right on, if your system is actualy seeing 11 volts rather than 12 that's a problem. Too, if you don't get every bit of driver out before you install a different vid card or change drivers on the same card, you can/will have problems such as those you are seeing. Google for driver cleaner and run that. If it means that much to you, do a format and install with the card you want to run installed, and leave it that way. I was reading last night that in opengl, especialy hl and so on, the 6600 is no faster than a 96/9700, and I prefer ati image quality and drivers, in general.

Run your Counter Strike with the following option -dxlevel 70
You may try -dxlevel 80, -dxlevel 81
The lower you go the worst the graphics gets, but you get the performance. Works with the source version of CS, if you are talking about classic CS, the one based on Half-Life 1, then switch Video rendering type: try Direct3D vs. OpenGL (forget about Software rendering).

The 330W power supply on the other PC might be ok but it depends on the amps on the 12V rail. Keep in mind the output of a power supply is not just a function of watts. For testing purposes go ahead and try it. However, for a permanent solution I recommend buying a quality brand 400W or better. It could be a bit more than you really need but I prefer to have plenty of headroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back