Need Help on NEW LCD choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxracer15

Hey guys, I'm currently looking for a new 19in. monitor. My 15in. CRT isn't cutting it. I really don't want to go over $250 if possible. I plan on useing it for gamming so it needs to have at least 8ms rt, or close to it. I also plan to use it for watching movies.

I was looing at this LG as a possibility
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824005046.

But i was wonering if your guys had any other suggestions or futher imput. Thanks

My specs should be below

If you are seriously into gaming and movies, then you should get a 21" CRT instead. A CRT boasts much better colour, contrast and brightness.

The contrast is the biggest factor IMO - the movie or game atmosphere is much better when pitch black darkness is black and not the lousy LCD gray.

Thanks! Ya i saw that review as well i just wanted some further imput.

Thanks a lot DonNazgual :eek:

Nodsu thanks for the imput but im tired of CRT's I have a 21in untill it pooped out on me and i had to switch back to my old 15in. I know that it may be better as far as displaying black colors but i want to make the switch to a LCD.

Thanks again guys!!
:approve: :approve:

Hey DonNazgual i also was wondering how blacks showed up on this monitor. I'm a little worried with the low constrast ratio (500:1) compared to others.

Also is there any visable ghosting?

Ya i was looking at that one as well.
I couldn't find any professional reviews on that LG so i just went off the ones at newegg. A lot of them said that there was a lot of backlight bleading. Which I hear is a problem in almost all LCD's especially the lower price ones. I don't know how annoying backlight bleeding is sice ive never experience it so i don't know.

I'll probly get the LG you have or ill wait for this bad boy to have a refurbished version or open boxed version at newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824001066

I would get a computer lcd that is HD for vista fun and large future investment.

Lifes Good Offers some cunnuning products if I may say so.

I was looking into getting a LCD 19" Monitor myself. I have looked around and Wal-Mart actually has 3 or 4 of them under $300. I was going to get the HP monitor for $299. However they have one for like $240 if I remember correctly. It may not be the topshelf highest quality monitor out there but I figure it would get the job done. Circuit City has the same HP monitor for $30 more.

I just bought the acer al1916w lcd widescreen moniter for 215 shipped. its awsome so far, especially for the $$

I just picked up a Samsung 204B 20.1" LCD

5ms response time
800:1 contrast ratio
1600X1200 resolution

Newegg has then for about 289.00

The 204B looks sweet but i don't think my card could handle games at 1600x1200.

Thanks for the imput all.

What do monitors with HD run at as far as price goes, and also what would this allow me to take advantage of with Vista?

So the lower the ms response time, the better that monitor is?

And the higher the contrast ratio, the better?

danswebs said:
If you really want the best quality picture, always go for CRT's, much better picture and clarity

That only applys for preformance to price ratio. You get what you pay for. LCDs are better.

But if you get the cheapiest lcd, well you get what you pay for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back