Need help overclocking with Abit AW8 motherboard...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now, I'm running an AW8 with a D805 processor and 1gig of ddr2-800. So far, I've been able to overclock it to 3.4ghz with no problems. However, when I try to push the FSB any higher than 170, it won't post at all on reboot (I had to clear the cmos last time... any easier way?) Any ideas what it could be or what settings I might try messing around with? The bios is up to date and all my drivers are too...

Any help is welcome!

If you're on stock cooling; go no further.

If you're using an aftermarket cooler, you might want to up your voltage in VERY SMALL increments in order to give it the extra "juice" it requires to run stable at higher frequencies.

Not stock cooling. I've tried upping the voltage slightly, but with the same results. Doesn't seem to be a voltage problem, since I raised the voltage quite a bit but still couldn't post, even at a FSB of 171.

the_drizzle said:
Not stock cooling. I've tried upping the voltage slightly, but with the same results. Doesn't seem to be a voltage problem, since I raised the voltage quite a bit but still couldn't post, even at a FSB of 171.
Oh, have you raised your FSB:DRAM ratio? Drop the RAM down a few notches so it doesn't limit your CPU OC'ing.

Just a warning, unless you know what you are doing, I wouldnt try to OC any more. 3.4ghz is quite good.... Actually that depends on what CPU it is....

Good luck either way,

Regards,

Korrupt

You have probably reached the maximum overclock that CPU can attain. Although some CPUs (like yours) are known for fearsome overclocking reputations, each one is different so it is possible to get one that goes to 4.2 ghz or one that only goes to 2.8 ghz. Just stop at 3.4 ghz and DON'T increase the voltage very much, the higher the voltage the the hotter the CPU gets and the more likely it is to to break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back