Need Help. Recomendation with video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGrim

hello, I need some help on what Video card i should use for my pc i've had it for a bit over a year and i mostly play games World Of Warcraft is the one i play the most
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/searchtools/item-detailsInactive.asp?EdpNo=3066570
thats the pc i have all i want to know is what video card i should use and if you guys can link some of them if you need more info let me know
price could be from 100-300 USD
thank you for your help in advance

yeah i know i got 1.10GB ram planing on replacing my other 256mb for another 1gig but thanks for the info
Edit: does it matter that my integrated card is ATI?

a EVGA GeForce FX 6200 pci would be better, and deffinately get the gig more ram. the integrated video would have nothing to do with a video card.

if you can get the 7200, that'll be leaps and bounds better than the 6200. Not sure how much more you'd be paying for it though.

I agree with everything posted. The only thing is of what quality is the 300w psu in that setup that's a year old?

yeah its about year old but am willing to buy a new one if i have to, thx for all the replies

Wait, if thats the list of features on your motherboard, you can get much better graphics cards for your money.

PCI Conventional is just plain old PCI. Graphics cards for this slot are generally slow, and the better ones represent very bad value for money. To be avoided if you're looking to game.

PCI Express* x1 can be used for graphics, but again, generally slow. If your motherboard comes with this connector, it should also come with the PCIe x16. And as you can see, we just call it PCIe, and available in a variety of flavors (x1, x4, x8, x16).

PCI Express* x16 is the connector of choice for gamers. There are very few applications for PCIe x16 other than graphics today. If you're going to play games, cards with this connector would represent the best value for money compared to those on other types (AGP, PCI, PCIe x1).

If you've got the PCIe x16, we'll recommend some other grahics card, maybe the X1900pro? (assuming your budget is still $300) You'll still need to upgrade your power supply, but I can we can also manage that within the $300...

That card will work, but it wouldn't represent good value for money at all.

If you're 100% sure that the motherboard you provided in the link is the motherboard you're having right now, this card would perform much much better, for the same price. And you'd get it from the same store too, and the power requirements shouldn't be any more than the 6200.

Yes thats the motherboard i have, but i dont understand how the computer manufacturer never mentioned it i've read the slot and it says PCI-Ex1 and underneath it says PCI-Ex16 so is it the same slot for both?

Death6Crush

exact same mobo i have

yes, you DO have a PCIex16 slot, so go with this card, or the biggest you can afford. Beware the fact that if you go with anything much more powerful than this, you might need a new power supply to go with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back