Need help recovering from trojan/adware/spywares invading my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

griffin23

Hi, yesterday, my computer started going haywire and a program called SpyLocked started detecting spywares on my computer (I don't know how SpyLocked got on my computer in the first place). All these security alerts started showing up on my desktop and windows taskbar, and in IE, telling me that I have trojans and spywares on my computer and that I should download these antispyware programs.

Before downloading anything, I looked up the programs that it suggested on google and found out about rogue/fake anti-spywares. So then, I used Spybot Search & Destroy, Smitfraud Fix, Vundo, Symantec Antivirus, and CCleaner to scan and fix my computer. They found a lot of nasties on my PC and now, all those fake messages have gone away; but I'm not sure if there are still a few bad things left on my PC..

When I did a HJT scan, the log had smanager.7.exe on it and every time I fix it, it comes back in the next scan.. also, every now and then, an internet explorer pop-up would come up asking if it is okay to redirect to another web page when I'm not even using IE and nothing would show up whether I click yes or no.

Could you check my HJT log to see if there are still more problems on my computer? Sorry for the long message, and thanks in advance!!

Your system is infected with at least one trojan downloader and the vundo infection as well.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of griffin23 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Nothing showed up on the AVG Antirootkit program.

ComboFix quarantined some stuff and put it into a folder called QooBox.. can I delete that folder?

The online scanner found a few malwares that it fixed, but it said that the following couldn't be fixed:
C:\WINDOWS\smanager.7.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winjgf32.dll
However, I think they were both cleaned by some of the other programs during the whole removal process. So, do you know if my system is cleaned or are there still a few more infections?

Unless you post the requested logfiles, I can`t say one way or the other if your system is clean.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of griffin23 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back