Need Help Removing "CiD" IE pop-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

capostat

Hi there....I read the Sarmak06 thread about the same problem, so I will do as instructed in that thread.

one thing i need to ask about is hijackthis program. I downloaded it, but it does not appear as a zip file, but rather the executable progam itself. The instructions say to unzip it to a specific folder, but since it's not zipped, do I just make a folder in the appropriate location?

thanks

Hi capostat an welcome to techspot. =)

Regarding HijackThis, please create a folder in the c:\ and put the HijackThis executable in there after renaming it.

Then continue with the instructions as much as possible.

Thereafter, please post fresh HijackThis, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread. Do not copy and paste your logs if not it will be ignored and/or removed.

Also, please let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of capostat only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

thanks momok,

you know what, i got around to following your instructions, the ones about looking for those specific programs/folders while in safe mode. i didnt find any of the ones that you wrote, but when i went to "add/remove programs" i found a program called "CiD Help". Weird that it was out in the open like that, just ready to be uninstalled....well i did that, and it had this eerie uninstall message that required me to enter the numbers written so it would know if i was a "human or script"...the numbers had this wavy, trance-like effect going on. don't know what that was about.

i'll test my IE browsing and see if all is well...

Hi,

As far as I know, your system is most likely not clean yet. Please follow the rest of the instructions in our Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and follow the steps given. Do follow all the instructions and post the requested logs.

Do not follow the instructions in sarmak06's thread as it is targetted specifically at the infection on his system. Your infection will most likely be a variant of a similar trojan/virus. In most cases, the malware is smart enough to spawn random named infectious files on your system. Once you have completed the above instructions then I can set out to guide you through cleaning out the infection properly.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of capostat only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back