Need help router problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

justone

I have a problem with my linksys router, when i connect the linksys i cant connect my internet, but when my modem thru computer there is a connection... what can i do???? I installed according to CD Guide installer but still cant connect and the site http://192.168.1.1 the page cannot be displayed... waaaa help plsssss

Hi

Is this an ADSL Router or a Broadband Router, what model is it,

Secondly to connect your PC via a cable to the Router , you need to set a static IP address of one number up from the router, so in your case it would be

IP 192.168.1.2
Subnet 255.255.255.0
Default gateway 192.168.1.1

Then type in your browser 192.168.1.1 this should get you into the router setup page,

If your using just one PC on the router turn off DHCP in the router settings and keep the manual IP you just set, if however you plan on using more than 1 PC then leave DHCP on and set your PC to obtain IP by DHCP.

Lastly and this is my own beef

"waaaa help plsssss" is not English or any known language, please be polite and say Please and Thankyou.

Regards

Ididmyc600 said:
Hi

Is this an ADSL Router or a Broadband Router, what model is it,

Secondly to connect your PC via a cable to the Router , you need to set a static IP address of one number up from the router, so in your case it would be

IP 192.168.1.2
Subnet 255.255.255.0
Default gateway 192.168.1.1

Then type in your browser 192.168.1.2 this should get you into the router setup page,

If your using just one PC on the router turn off DHCP in the router settings and keep the manual IP you just set, if however you plan on using more than 1 PC then leave DHCP on and set your PC to obtain IP by DHCP.

Lastly and this is my own beef

"waaaa help plsssss" is not English or any known language, please be polite and say Please and Thankyou.

Regards

You sure about? If he types in the ip of his own pc he'll get nothing. He needs to type in the admin login page of the router (aka gateway), 192.168.1.1. I assume thats what you meant and it was a typo?

Justone: as Ididmyc600 has asked, we need to know really if its ADSL or cable and what model of Linksys it is. I use both so it may be a model i'm familiar with, although most work the same anyways, kind of.
You could always trying pressing the reset button for a few seconds, so it reverts to default facotry settings. Thats worked for me a few times. Personally i wouldn't bother with the cd install.

Ooopss sorry it was a typo and I have now corrected it, thanks for pointing it out Jacko

Regards

The CD install is useful ONLY if you use USB as the connection to the router,
which makes no sense -- all the LAN ports are ethernet.

Similarly, the CD install for a ADSL/Cable modem is useless too.

In all cases, we use the OS support for Ethernet to access the devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back