Need help running the Sims2!! Don't Know how to fix it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently installed the Sims2 Holiday edition on my boyfriends computer and everything worked fine. Then a couple of days later I decided I wanted to get one of the expansion packs for it and bought the Sims2 Pets. I installed it and everything worked fine. I enjoyed playing it then decided I wanted to get another expansion pack and the remaning stuff packs. I got home and installed the Family Fun Stuff and Glamour Stuff and they installed fine. When I tried to install Celebration Stuff thats when the problems started.

A pop up came up, "This product will now enure that you existing installation is up to date." then another one came up, "The update process did not complete successfully. Installation will now terminate." I decided to uninstall all the sim2 products from my computer and start over. I also went out and bought all the stuff packs and all the expansion pack so I could install them in order as sugested by other forums on the internet. So I installed just the Sims2 and it seemed to install fine. But when I put the Sims2 disc in the CD Rom a pop up comes up, "You are running the wrong version of the Sims2. Please run Sims2 Pets instead." So I put the Sims 2 Pets disc in and a pop up comes up, "Please insert the correct CD-Rom, select ok and restart application." I really dont know how to fix it and just really want to play my game.

Here's the info for my computer if you need it:

Computer make/Model: To be filled out by O.E.M. (my boyfriend got his puter custom built so I have no clue??)

Procecssor/Speed: AMD Athlon(+m) 64 processor 3200+, MMX, 3D Now ~2.0GHz

Memory Amount: 2048MB RAM

DirectX: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Video Card Name: NWDIA GeForce 7800GS

Video Card Memory: 256.0MB

Hi and welcome to TECHSPOT!!!

I would recommend uninstalling the whole SIMS 2 HOLIDAY... and all the rest and then purchase the original SIMS 2 and then go from there installing the other add ons and then install HOLIDAY STUFF last. Also if you played the sims in the middle of the whole process make sure you back up all of your games and don't ask me how to do that!

Hope it helps,
HAASKEV000

Sometimes new expansion packs require updated versions of previous games before they will install. You should search for and download all of the patches for Sims 2 and the expansion packs. Install them in turn after their respective game/expansion is installed. Restart the PC after each game installation (not necessarily after installing the patches unless instructed to do so).

Thanks for your help!! My boyfriend ended up having to clean the registry and now my game works!! :D HURRAY!! Thanks agian!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back