Need help with a dsl modem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I am a new member and have a quick question. I had a westell wire speed dsl modem for verizon hooked up to a linksys broadband router and everything worked perfectly until I had a lightning strike near my home which fried the modem. My dad gave me a westel model 327w modem and router combo unit for verizon and works perfectly provided i have the linksys router hooked up also. When I try to hook up the new modem without the linksys router i have problems. Can anyone help me out?

what kind of problems? Did you contact or read the telephone company's instructions? Did you replace the line filters in your house? They could have been fried too.

Tedster said:
what kind of problems? Did you contact or read the telephone company's instructions? Did you replace the line filters in your house? They could have been fried too.
it doesn't recognize the new ip address. i did contact verizon but they are useless and i dont like dealing with them. i did replace the fitlers in my house; when a verizon repair man came here he gave me new ones.

brunotheboxer said:
When I try to hook up the new modem without the linksys router i have problems. Can anyone help me out?
why bother? I setup a friend's system like this, disabling the modem wireless
and config'd all access via the wireless router -- works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back