need help with Battlefield2 installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

haloman549

hey, i am in need of some help for installing bf 2. When i click to install, it comes up with the screen saying somthing about choosing your language, then it goes to the main box that says install, nvidia drivers, etc. i click install and then installshield wizard startup box pops up and then goes away and an error message comes up saying Setup.exe has encountered a problem and need to shut down....etc. I was wondering if somone could help or tell me what to do to get this problem fixed. i already tried installing on my dads comp and it works, so i know its not the disc, and i would use his comp but he doesnt have a good enough video card. I know that my installshield wizard and setup work because i bought other games recently and they installed fine, its just that my BF2 does not install for some odd reason. Please reply, thank you.

Please post your system specifications. Without them we are kind of flying blind.

ok my bad
pentium 4 2.0GHz
ATI Radeon 9550 w/ 256 mb DDR
1 GB ram
Windows XP home edition with service pack 2
Directx 9.0c

Well obviously if it works on another PC, the game itself is ok.

We need to start looking at other sources of the problems. I suspect this is more of a software problem.

It may be a bit of a long shot, but try shutting down your AV/Firewall and see what happens. I have heard of people having issues during install with Norton and Mcaffe.

I tried doing the antivirus thing and it seemed to not effect it or anything, its still just goes to installshield wizard and then just closes out of no where with the error report, im starting to wonder if im gonna need to get a new Hard Drive?

There is something I don't quite understand. You mentioned a message you get to install Nvidia drivers. What's that about? Your graphics card is an ATI Radeon 9550. The driver should be an ATI Catalyst driver bundle. Are you installing the right driver? Anyway, can you clear up my confusion?

oh sorry if you were confused, but i was describing the box that was popping up that said like Install Battlefield 2 and then underneath it says install Nvidia Drivers, and thats what i meant sorry, but good news, i figured out what was wrong and now i feel dumb, i just had to rename the installsheild folder to installshieldOld and out of nowhere it started working, thanks for all the suggestions though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back