Need help with beep codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daveskater

Hi, i have a friend with a broken pc and we plugged in so i could see what happened and we got a series of beep codes.

Unfortunately it's a dreaded eMachine *shoots self* (model 420) so i thought that the psu/mobo have probably gone (apparently the screen went blank one day). Anyway, the beep codes go like this: 1-3-3-1, i.e. one beep, three beeps, three beeps then one more beep.

I've tried google for ages and found nothing that helps so i thought maybe someone on here would know what this code means :)

Any help will be appreciated, i'd like to know if my suspicions are true. Thanks.

thanks, howard, i looked at the thread and because there's 8 beeps in total, it looks like the graphics has gone.

this pc has integrated graphics and no agp slot so without going for a pci card then i'm guessing it's broken. even then it's an emachines so who knows what else is wrong :eek:

i've looked on ebuyer.com and can make a pc good enough for what my friend needs for about £230. it wouldn't be top of the range but he's not a hard core gamer and video editor so it only really needs to go on the internet and play music :)

thanks for the link though, i suppose i should have done a search before posting ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back