Need help with cleaning my computer! been trying for 8 hours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all, I had spysherriff earlier and I have been battling it since.

I fell upon your site and think i have a handle on it now. Still some concerns. Can someone check this hjt log?

It was looking alot worse earlier- Still a little worried. For example I can not log into msn messenger any more. I have even tried to re-install- ANY help with letting me know if my computer is now free from stuff would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I might of disabled alot of things I should not of done.

I panicked a bit when the computer went nuts and I am a bit of a newbie at trying to solve this problems.

The hjt file is now a .txt file.

Hopefully someone can tell me what i need to turn back on and how i can get into msn messenger and more importantly that there is no more crap on my computer!

Many thanks

Did you fix a lot of things with HJT?

If you did you can restore the entries. HJT makes backups of all it fixes. To restore the backups just click on the config button, and then click on the backups tab. You can then choose which entries you would like to restore.

For what it`s worth your HJT log looks clean.

The only entry I have concerns about is.

O20 - Winlogon Notify: tcpR32 - C:\windows\SYSTEM32\tcpR32.dll

I can`t find any info for this file tcpR32.dll.

Regards Howard :)

Is there anything I should restore?

Also is there any reason why i can not log into msn messenger even after i re-install it?

Restore what you fixed with HJT, and reboot your computer.

Then post a fresh HJT log so I can take a look, and advise what you should get rid of.

As for MSN messenger. You`ve probably disabled it with hJT.

I think i messed up abit.

When i ran HJT the first time I did not put it in its own folder :(

thus i think i lose all the back-up files from then, d'oh

I had system restore off when running everthing.

anther question- in internet explorer - how do you turn off the certificate thingy's.

i.e. it tells you that your are moving over a non-secure to secure site etc?

CROUCHERM said:
I had system restore off when running everthing.

anther question- in internet explorer - how do you turn off the certificate thingy's.

i.e. it tells you that your are moving over a non-secure to secure site etc?

Oh dear. with system restore off, and no HJT backups I guess there`s not a lot you can do.

As for the IE question. I don`t know is my answer.

If I was you. I`d backup my important data, and reformat and reinstall, and start again.

I`m sorry I can`t help you, but without the right info my hands are tied.

If you ever have problems again. Please post a HJT log before you go fixing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back