need help with DI 624

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I have a DI 624 dlink wireless router. I have very slow downloads using BitComet as compared to just connecting the pc to the modem.

I have gather alot of information on portforwarding and tried very method, but still the problem persist.

in bitcomet, under Peers >> initiation, I can only see 'Local'. (only happens when pc is connected to router.) , with a modem, i get to see both and the speed will much better. Y is that so? I m going mad.... :dead:

Can anyone give me any advice on what to do?

i m using bitcomet 0.63
listen port : 57342

Here`s the background info - http://www.p2pforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=6431

Here`s the specifics for your router - http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Dlink/DI-624/BitComet.htm

Here`s how to avoid hackers,viruses and trojans - http://www.safety.com/articles/filesharing-watch-what-you-download.html

Random quote -

There is one more thing we need to do. We need to shut off the UPNP of BitComet.
In the menu on the left hand side under Advanced, click Connection. There should be an Enable UPnP Port Mapping(XP only) checkbox on the right hand side. Make sure it is unchecked.

To setup port forwarding on this router your computer needs to have a static ip address. Take a look at our Static IP Address guide to setup a static ip address. When you are finished setting up a static ip address, please come back to this page and enter the ip address you setup in the Static IP Address box below.

Do not skip this step!

Thanks , i have tried the methods and i dun see any remote connections.
I really dunno y ...

just to make sure.. to set the static IP

1st, i go to my router DHCP settings and set an IP address for my com => 192.168.0.2

then i go to windows' network connections under my local area connection and fill in the ip and dns rite?

if the above is correct then there should be no problem, i dint miss out anything but y?

i going mad ... :hotbounce

just like to ask another qns:

whats the difference between using DHCP static ip and assign a static ip under network connections?

is DHCP used to assign an IP address to my pc?

i have a DHCP range for example 192.168.0.100 - 199

should i configure the IP address of my pc within the range or outside of the range.

I see 2 different suggestions from Dlink website and portforward website.

There are millions of people on Techspot who can help you there.Let`s hope one is online.

mmarcc said:
whats the difference between using DHCP static ip and assign a static ip under network connections? .
With DHCP, the computer takes its IP from the DHCP server. As a result, disconnecting from and then reconnecting to the router can give your machine a different IP to the one it was originally assigned. Not much use for port forwarding in that respect, and not great if you run scripts/applications over the network that use IP addresses.

is DHCP used to assign an IP address to my pc?
Yes, or to be pedantic, the computer requests an IP address from the DHCP server, and the DHCP server then decides which is the next free address in its range and assigns it.

i have a DHCP range for example 192.168.0.100 - 199

should i configure the IP address of my pc within the range or outside of the range.

In my limited experience, it doesn't matter if you're using a static IP, other than to say that the IP should be in the same subnet and range (eg, 192.168.0.1 - 192.168.0.254). Sometimes, if the static IP is within the range of the DHCP server, the router won't like it if DHCP is active. It doesn't happen often though (again, in my limited experience)

Thank you guyz for the clear n concise explanation
your patience is greatly appreciated!

i made sm changes:
1. disable the dhcp
2. manually assigned static IP to my pc from network connections >> local area connection

3. portforwarding (followed the instructions from portforward.com)

and the result..

increase in download speed...yes.... but still no remote connections ... haha

i m dead :angel:

You did check the firewall suggestion didn`t you ?

From here - http://www.zeropaid.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=17671&page=4

"Then I tried with no Sygate firewall, and remote connections worked fine. So, despite the fact that javaw.exe had full server permissions in Sygate, I realized I had to add three custom "advanced" rules to open Azureus' ports (TCP 60996, UDP 60996, and TCP 6969, allowed, incoming and outgoing, for any application). [Zonealarm always opened whatever ports pre-approved applications wanted....]"

That doesn`t refer to Bitcomet specifically,but the idea is the same.

Latest update:

Left with no choice, I decided to set my pc to DMZ
Its suppose to open up all ports rite?

And the big surprise... I still dun see any remote connections!!
What can i conclude from here?
Is there smthing wrong with my router or wat? :( :( :(

Nope. There is only one conclusion.

If you've succesfully added your machine to the DMZ, and you are still unable to recieve remote connections, then your problem is almost certainly nothing at all to do with your router.

Is the Windows Firewall operational, and if so, are your selected ports allowed in it?

hmmm i m on SP1 but i dun use windows firewall..
just to make sure , under network connections, local area connection , it is enabled but it does not say firewalled.

i use zone alarm 4
n i have already allowed access for bitComet, it does not affect Btcomet.

This does not happen when I log on using only my modem i can see remote cnns.
only when I use my router, I wun be able to see remote conns.

Same problem here - http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=372777

Possible nearly solution -

"Okay, nevermind, i updated the firmware on the router and they apparently changed the way you open ports.
Didn't even occur to me that they'd change it....i even saved the GIF pic of what it should have looked like and they're completely different....

remotes aren't coming in as quick as when i hooked up to the modem directly....

EDIT :I see you`ve tried DMZ.Oh well,close.

hmmm i guess i will hv to 'downgrade' my firmware? if its possible..

i using the latest firmware though.. never mind, worth a try.

tried everything i could already..
i m at wits end.. :(

mmarcc said:
hmmm i guess i will hv to 'downgrade' my firmware? if its possible..

i using the latest firmware though.. never mind, worth a try.

tried everything i could already..
i m at wits end.. :(

Hi Mmarc

try to set listen port to 4226 in bitcomet

in setting of router, click on Advance and Virtual server

add you IP and private port 4226 and Public port 4226 and Always

Problem will be Solved

Thank you for your suggestion.

Sorri for not posting earlier. The problem was solved 1 wk ago.
What I did was setting my modem to bridge mode.
Set static IP. Change the firmware of DI 624 to ver 2.57, and then do portforwarding as per normal. It worked. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back