Need Help with HTTP LOP TOOLBAR ACTIVITY. PLZ REply!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

My norton keeps popping up with a message stating that it prevented an intrusion (HTTp lop toolbar activity). It all started when i downloaded WINzix, however i then deleted it, but the problem was not resolved. SO now i do not know what to do so plz help. Thanks in advance. I am attaching an HJT log as well.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your system is infected with a variety of malware, including a hijacker.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Please download FixWareout from one of these sites:
http://downloads.subratam.org/Fixwareout.exe
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/lonny/Fixwareout.exe

Save it to your desktop and run it. Click Next, then Install, make sure "Run fixit" is checked and click Finish.
The fix will begin; follow the prompts. You will be asked to reboot your computer; please do so. Your system may take longer than usual to load; this is normal.

Then, go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, post the C:\fixwareout\report.txt as an attachment.

Let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of Desi_123 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hey howard,

First off i want to thank you for all your help, and sorry for the delay.

I did what you told me to do and followed all your steps, however the problem is still present. My norton antivirus keeps popping up with a message saying that it blocked an intrusion, which is the HTTP LOP TOOLBAR ACTIVITY.

So can u plz tell me how to get rid of the LOP

By following your steps i did eliminate some other problems.

I am posting whatever you asked for.

As well, the AVG Antirootkit scan did not find anything in my pc.

Thanks Again.

You didn`t attach an AVG Antispyware log. Please do so in your next reply.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

dale start.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)

O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {37B85A29-692B-4205-9CAD-2626E4993404} - (no file)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CHIN PING PHONE PILE] C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Proxy Long Chin Ping\dale start.exe

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Proxy Long Chin Ping<Delete the entire folder.
C:\dnsbak.reg
C:\delete.bat

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Post fresh HJT, Combofix and AVG Antispyware logs.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Desi_123 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

hey howard,

I did what you told me to do and now the problem seems to be resolved :) Thank you very much for all your help.

I am also posting all the things you asked for.

Hey howard,

I seem to have another problem now. My windows media player along with Quicktime and Realplayer are not opening some of my videos, though they are opening some. For instance when i try to open a video it displays the message "Windows Media Player has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I did not have this problem before when i tried opening the same videos i try to open now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

Your log files are clean.

Delete all files in AVG Antispyware quarantine.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Now, turn system restore back on. This will have deleted all your old restore points and any nasties that are in them. It will also have created a new, clean restore point.

I`m not sure what the problem is with your media players, but maybe it`s a codec issue.

Download and install the K-Lite mega codec pack and see if it that helps.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back