Need Help with Installing win/xp/pro on laptop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AznGirlie<3

I basically needed to reinstall windows xp on my laptop (Toshiba m65 s809) and I installed Win XP Pro Sp2 on it and I immediately noticed that none of my drivers are installed! My video card/sound card, the resolution doesn't go up as high anymore, and my touch pad doesn't scroll down like it used to! I know that there is a different version of xp for laptops right? Is there a way for me to install xp CLEAN onto my laptop without having to buy something? Thanks for any help!

I know I'm a girl but I do know a thing or two about computers ok?! I just don't know AS much as some of you guys. But hey, I'm still learning! So don't laugh at me! =|

Ack corrections...It's Toshiba M65 S9093! And one more thing! Sorry~ I backed up everything onto my external and once i moved everything (one folder)back onto my desktop, i opened up my c/program files, i had all these folders in there that was originally there before my installation and I don't know which folders to erase and which ones to keep.

How did you back them up, by just copying them manually or did you use any back up software????

If you had used the file and settings transfer wizard it would have been a lot easier as it puts the files in the right place for you!!!! Too late for that now tho!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back