Need help with Linksy Wireless G Adapter - PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have a computer at work that was incredibly slow, so I decided to reinstall windows on it and wipe out everything after backing it up of course. Then I reinstall Windows XP pro and now I have a problem!

I downloaded the driver for the linksy Wireless G adapter for the laptop. And it will not pick up the internet connection! I have tried everything checked in the devises and it will not recognize anything. Please help I need to get this computer up and running . Thanks so much!

Is the card set to the right channel?
Does it see your wireless networks?
If so, is it trying to use a different security encryption than the router?

A little more info would help matey :)

So you've installed the proper driver for the adapter & it is running fine in Windows ? Did you use the bundled Linksys application to connect to the wireless router ?

By the way, if it's a work computer they are sometimes configured in a very specific manner by the IT department & you cannot reinstall it by yourself.

Ok so, I went on the Linksy's site found the driver and program I need, went through the installation process. Looked at my computer (separate desktop ) to see what the router was set at chanel 6, no encryption, infrastructure, etc. And followed the linksy wizard and put in all the correct info. The windows is working fine although it did not add a wireless network icon when I download everything for the adapter. When I go into the linkys program, it doesnt even show the router at all. Sorry if this all sounds confusing.

Also, there is no IT dept. I am it, I am the graphic designer and I seem to take care of all the computers. I have had no other problems installing wireless cards or adapters before.

Thanks so much

I'm not sure how it would be called (especially if it isn't recognized by the system) but it should either fall under the network adapters category or the unknown device one.

I only have a ethernet controller under Network adapters and under other devices I have Network Controller, PCI Modem and Video Controller. Also another thing it says on the bottom when I roll over the linksys icon " WPC54G no installed"

If you ever find out what was wrong please take the time to post the information here so others can benefit from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back