Need Help With Mac Cloning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone teach me how to mac clone?

BTW im DHCP, my old modem gone bad so verizon replaced it with a new one (westell 6100) however, i am unable to connect with this new one. all lights are solid green on the modem (power dsl ethernet and internet) however when i try to pull up IE, still page cannot be displayed.

i called verizon tech support and they guide me through several troubleshooting steps but to no avail - they made me reset the modem, uninstall/reinstall nic card, optimized my browser, did those ping tests, ran ip config release renew etc... but still nothing happened. what my friend told me that we have to probably do mac cloning, however, when i called verizon again to ask assistance regarding mac cloning, they said they dont support it... :(

No, you do not have to do MAC cloning if your internet worked before with the same setup (bar the modem).

Since it was Verizon who replaced the modem and broke your connection, then it is them who have to prove that the fault is not theirs. Usually it is a technician demonstrating a connection with their own laptop.

go to run
type in cmd
in window type cd c:\ ,then type in ipconfig /flushdns
after above type in ipconfig /all see what comes up and post here.
verizon software ,that runs there modems ,is crappy.this has nothing to do with the mac address
can you connect to other sites? do you use a 2nd browser?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back