need help with PNY 6800GT ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

akstylenyc

sup guys i need help with my video card... i recently puchase Abit k8t800 pro mobo and amd 64 3000+ prcessor and pny 6800gt videocard.. everthing seems to work great, but when i try to play counter stike source it will load up ok but once i enter a room it will freeze for like 5 minutes and my computer will reboot itself..have any one have this problem before? i also bought a 580w power supply so i dont think i'm lacking in power please help..

Alright, first things first. Update your drivers and bios if you haven't already.

If that doesn't work, I'd test your ram (what kind of ram do you have?) by running www.memtest86.com

DonNagual said:
Alright, first things first. Update your drivers and bios if you haven't already.

If that doesn't work, I'd test your ram (what kind of ram do you have?) by running www.memtest86.com

i have corsair 1g 184 pin 400/ 3200, i updated my video card drivers from nvidia.com but i have not downloaded my driver for my bios where would i download that from?

From the manufacturers website, but you need to know what mobo you have. Above you listed what your mobo chipset is (k8t800), but not the mobo model.

You want to be sure your chipset drivers are current, as well as your bios. Intalling bios can be a little tricky. If you are uncertain, post here for help.

DonNagual said:
From the manufacturers website, but you need to know what mobo you have. Above you listed what your mobo chipset is (k8t800), but not the mobo model.

You want to be sure your chipset drivers are current, as well as your bios. Intalling bios can be a little tricky. If you are uncertain, post here for help.

the box just says abit kv8 pro k8t800 atx mobo any advice on installing the drivers for the bios? thanks

i'm not sure because i only play counter strike, but i saw in other fourms people have the same problem doent seem like anyone has any solution for it maybe i need to get a new mobo you got any sugestions?

I am just asking because if it happens in other applications it could very well be a hardware problem, but if it ONLY happens when you are in counter strike, it is likely a software problem.

Why not go ahead and run www.memtest86.com anyways just to rule out any ram problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back