Need help with possible virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok - im running windows 2k professional, i have another post underneath this one about problems starting up, see my laptop would boot up and then get to the "starting windows" screen - then freeze, so what i did was i took out the battery and the power cord and held the power key down for 2 mins, to drain all the juice out and let the computer get rid of anything it wa doing, then i started it up and it worked just fine, but about 10-15 mins after it was running the mouse touch pad acted funny, i would click right or left and the pointer on the screen would move up 2 spaces and not click on the object, thne after another 10-15 the pointer would move to the left 2 spaces doing the same thing, any idea?

i think its possibly some sort of virus , but im not sure ive never really encountered it before, then bad thing is - my cdrom drive isnt working and i dont have any virus software to check for anything with, i have a 4g hard drive and a 3 1/2 disk drive, any help would be greatly appriciated.

thanks,
Libra

go to THIS LINK and follow the instructions. be sure to change the name of 'hijack this', to 'analyse this' then place it in programme files within its own folder. scan then upload the log, and avg log as an attachment ,not a copy and paste please use the forum "security and the web'.

doesn't sound like a virus, but I would run memtest 86+ to check your ram and also check your temperatures

also run crap cleaner to ensure your registry is clean not corrupted.
what did your anti-virus software tell you? you DO have an anti-virus right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back