need help with quake 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

needhelpz

well quake2 is a very old game but still a favourite of mine because i do alot of editing for it, so heres my problem i just got a new computer and got windows xp with it but for some reason it wont install , it keeps coming up with a error saying-->

Warning!

this version of quake 2 will not install on this lanuage version of windows 95/nt.to find out if a version localized for your operating system is available for purchase,

and thats bout it so im not too sure if this was the right room for asking this but it would be great if someone could help me,:confused:

Not a fix - but a quick workaround would be to install Quake 2 on another machine and simply copy the contents of the install folder to your machine - I've copied an install from one machine to another and it worked fine - no registry entries seem to be absolutely vital for the game to run. I'm not sure that it will run for you on that language though - but this is a workaround on the install thing.

LNCPapa

YAY!

thanks alot ! , u dont know how happy u have made me , but its only a game but i darn addictive game at that, so yeah that worked perfect installed mit on my sisters computer then put it on cd , then onto my system , works like magic ,great job:)

Do you own the original CD from a long time ago?

I have never tried the old CD, but the newer versions of Quake II (The one that comes with the Quake pack) works fine in Windows XP and installs without any problems.

yeah i do have old vers

yeah i have the old vers of the game full cd bought it in 99 i think anyway its vers 3.06 which is why i couldnt install it and there was no way of me getting 3.20 onto the cd , so i have it installed on my computer but when i go to connect onto some servers it says it cant find quake 2 installed, so a little prob there but dosnt matter i can ip into most games over the internet , and yeah i saw that pack as well and my friends say it works fine but pitty they werent so close , ah well im happy anyway

Maybe you could export the registry settings that identify Quake II as being installed into a .reg file and then import them on your machine. You would, of course, have to find someone with Quake II installed on their machine.

Half-Life 2 Mapping

Have you tried mapping for HL2? It's similar, but it's potentially even more rewarding. The lighting effect is lightyears improved from the days of Quake 2.

Take a look at our community at http://www.snarkpit.net

Side tracked...

Sorry for intruding...really I am, but I was hoping someone would be able to help me understand IP mapping. I am installing DC++ and I am not sure what that is and if I should install it. Can anyone help? Thank you.

As far as I can recall, DC++ is a P2P file sharing program like Kazaa.

I don't think you need it for anything.

I have experienced this problem before. I bought a UK copy of the program from ebay. All I did to install was change my computer's language settings to UK, install the game, and then change the settings back. Once you have it installed, the language settings don't matter. This is the only game I have ever experienced this problem with.

I hope this helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back