Need help with Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 - Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I wonder if anyone can help me with a problem on Roxio EMC 7? Until recently, the prog has been working fine, but now it seems to have developed a problem. In simple terms, it is refusing to convert CDA to MP3 and/or MP3 to CDA.
If I try to make an audio cd from mp3 files on my HD: I go through the usual practice of opening up the prog and then dragging the mp3 files from the contents pane down to the project pane, but now when I do this the file does not show up in the project pane and nothing is added to the project.
Conversely, If I try to rip audio files from a CD and convert them to MP3 files on my HD, again the prog just does not do it. There are no error messages and no clues as to why it won't do the job.
I don't know a lot about computers but it seems like the "conversion engine" (if there is such a thing) isn't working.
It is a proper prog (not pirated) and I have tried re-installing, but it still will not do the job.
I am running Win XP Pro - SP2.
I have tried getting help at Roxio but their idea of support is abysmal - I would probably have more success if I tried knitting with fog!

I hope some of you more computer literate people out there might know the answer.

Thank you

Dave
Derby UK

Welcome to Techspot!
I wonder if you are trying to convert some files lately that have some copyright protection built in. I know that XP serpk 2 has added more.Check for settings in Roxio(I use Nero so I am not sure where the setting will be), media player etc. to turn it off .

Thank You!!!!!

Thank you, my friend! Your suggestion was spot on! You have provided me with the answer to my question, and having tweaked a few settings to do with "access rights" and copyrights etc, I am up and running once more!
Thanks again!

Dave

Derby
UK :giddy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back