Need Help with Sims 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamerTech

It's about the DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter error I get when I try to run Sims 2. I downloaded directx 9.0c and it's properly working on my computer.

My computer Status (Edited):
Plans: I plan on having the Sims 2 and Daggerfall on my computer. (it's old but I love that game)
Budget:Give me high price/low price, I don't care. I just want to learn prices right now then I'll decide.
Motherboard - Dell Computer Corp.
Graphic interface - ???
Memory - 256MBytes
CPU - Intel Pentium 4
CPU Speed - 2793.0 MHz
Power Supply Make/Model - n/a /0F4491
Watt output/Amperage - n/a
RAM - DDR
Channels - Dual

if there anymore I should post...just say.

basically my problem is I don't know what Driver to download to fit my PC and to make the game work. Need help quick.

Thanks in advance,
Nikki

if that is an on board video controller, which to me it looks like, then most likely u are not going to get it to work.

u might want some one that knows more to chime in, but that is my opion.

what's an on board video controller? Do you mean like what the PC graphic card automatically came with? if this is the case then yeah because when I uninstalled it, it installed right back on against my will lol.

It doesnt take much to run that game. Have you played it on that computer in the past?

Yes, long ago. At that time the graphics were bad and it moved slow. But my dad had to completely start the computer all over. Now I can't get it back on here.

Basically your video card sucks. I have an integrated vid. card too, so I know how it is.

To put it simply, the video card that came with your computer is put together with the motherboard, you can't remove it like video cards you put in slots (PCI, PCI-Express, AGP)
I'm not exactly an expert at this but from what I know you need a better video card at least.
( I would wait for someone more knowledgable than me to reply to this, but I'm just tryin to give you an idea :) )

***Indeed halo71 Lol***

It means that your computer has the graphics "built-in" onto the motherboard. Which means you are somewhat limited on the games it will play.

EDIT: Good timing eh Kurupt?

Haha I know what you mean. I just learned a few months ago about all the slots for video cards. Anyway there's AGP(the best), PCI-Express(better than PCI), and PCI. I couldn't tell you what slots you have unless I looked inside your computer.

Well I came here with a similar issue and I got my questions answered so I felt like giving back a little. I did that and I noticed I enjoyed it. I'm brushing up on my PC skills so I can help more people out. I consider it fun. I'm glad to be of service.

Just in case you would like to know.

I was succesfully able to make a lesbian cuple on a Sims game once. I think that was my biggest accomplisment ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back