Need help with Smart Disk Firelite USB 2.0 portable HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just Last week I bought a brand new Smart Disk Firelite USB 2.0 portable HDD with Bounce Back on it so that I could save all of my files on it, Format my computer, and Reinstall Win XP because I was haveing problems running games/DVDs. SO I used the Bounceback software to save all of my files. and then erase my computer and reinstalled XP. when I tried to get my files back on I wasn't totally sure how I was supposed to go about doing that with the bounce back software and I tried some stuff but Never successfully got all my files back on. So I erased everything again and installed Windows but now I would like someone who knows what they are doing to help me out with getting the files back on. So if anyone knows what to do PLEASE HELP ME!!!

there isnt any documentation on how to use the software that came with the drive? check the drive manufaturer's website for detail on how to use the software.

well there is a helpfile with the drive but I did what I thought it was telling me to do and when I tried to restore my files it only did like half of them and even then some of the stuff on the desktop had broken links and stuff like that.

it sounds like you are trying to restore programs not just files. the software is probably not designed to restore programs to a new install, iinstead it is most likely designed to restore files on an install that the files were saved from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back