Need help with strange Windows error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody. This is Carlos from Spain.

I've been experiencing quite a lot of trouble when trying to play any PC games as of lately. I think it all began when I installed the managedDX for the DirectX 9.0X version of the DX libraries. I had DirectX 9.0C installed on my system at the moment and it was running just fine when one PC game requested the managedDX (which the game itself included as part of the DirectX 9.0 version it contained) to be installed in order to prevent any problems from arising regarding some dotnet-related issues.

Well, I'm NOT sure but I think that was the cause. I don't remember having any trouble prior to installing the managedDX compressed file the game included.

Now, everytime I try to play any PC games I notice nothing for I while. But then, all of a sudden, the computer just resets itself and them it reports the following error as the cause:

BCCode : 10000050 BCP1 : E4F8BC10 BCP2 : 00000001 BCP3 : BFB413B5
BCP4 : 00000001 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

An example of the type of problems I'm getting would be the following: I can play Far Cry for I while and nothing happens but If I try to use the telescopic sight - by equipping myself with, let's say, the Sniper’s Rifle - the computer will crash almost immediately and then I get the message you can see above.

I'm running Windows XP Professional with the latest Service Pack (SP 2) installed. My processor is an old Athlon Thunderbird running at 900 Mhz (works perfectly though). My computer uses 512 Mb of SDRAM type memory.

Hope this will help.

The game I'm talking about is Warhammer 40000: Fire Warrior, by the way.

Any ideas?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance to everybody!

PS. Also, I cannot update from DirectX 9.0b to 9.0c. I always got a message that tells me the needed components are already installed (or something like that). It obviously ain't so because 9.0b is older than 9.0c. Any ideas out there?

Thanks again, everybody!

Seems you're right...

Hi there, vegasgmc!

It seems you may be right. I've discovered I get this error ONLY when using the latest Nvidia drivers (66.93). Nothing happens If I play any PC games when using any Nvidia drivers older than this one.

When I first got this Windows error those were the graphic drivers I had installed on my system (66.93).

Quite obviously, I'll be capable to play if I don't use the 66.93 version of the Nvidia drivers, but I'll continue to appreciate any help you can give me on this particular issue. Having to use old graphic drivers when you don't have to is not the best of options.

Anybody knows of an alternate version of the Nvidia graphic drivers I can use with my Geforce FX5200 128 Mb?

Thanks in advance, folks!

Greetings from Spain. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back