NEED HELP WITH THIS problem on the OS with two solutions that cant be solved

Status
Not open for further replies.
first of all i get message when i first boot to the screen where it shows all the drives. 1. is says PXI- (something i dont know what else i says since i forget what its called) "Media Test Failure, check cables" "exiting out from NVidia" then together with that it says this after the last message 2. "Disk boot failure, Insert System disk and then press Enter". i seriously read all of the forums and posts that other members put on here, and i tried all that and yet i still dont know what to do, i thought it would be a easy fix up,but i was wrong,but for one i know is that this all started out when my brother's computer Harddrive was burnt out or should i say stoped working cuz of this error, usually i know that happens to everyone sometimes, and so ive recently boughten a new harddrive to install on the computer and im trying to put the cd in to install the OS XP but it wont read it at all, and not only that when i go to bios it shows that the cd drives are working as well. i have no harddrive installed at all, and not only that ive tried to install the harddrive, but as the same as the other problem it wont read the cd to install the harddrive. So what can i really do i dont know what to do at all im confused and i need your guy's and girl's advice to help me solve this solution, PLEASE HELP ME PLEASE :'( i need this fixed, just as everyone else would want to fix their computer.

As has been said hunreds of times on these very forums, you have to tell the BIOS to boot from the CD. Are you sure the CD is bootable and not some "backup" copy?

also is this a OEM hardrive, if it is u will have to have the software that comes with it to make it work!!!!!!!...

the cd is bootable, and ive told the bios to run the cd on cdrom i tried to even switch cdrom to be first to boot up and nothing else to boot, and it still doesnt work, its a built computer.

My computer did this once. Somehow the PSU cable that connects to the motherboard had partially melted at the connector. I would unplug all the IDE cables and PSU cables and examine them all. I worked on a computer once that had that same error but it would read the CD-ROM. All it was i guess was a really really fragmented HD, took 3 hours to format it, 40GB.

But whatever it is is effecting the CDROM and the HD, so my guess is its the mobo or PSU, which could mean both if its the PSU.

So pretty much you have 2 bad IDE cables, which is very unlikely. Or your mobo is fried. Which could of been caused by the PSU. Haha, have any mice in the house? I fixed a computer once where a mouse got in the case and emptied him bladder on the AGP card.

remove all cables from the machine
reset cmos the little jumper inside move it over for 30 sec's or so move it back
make sure the plug is out from the wall when you do this
turn on machine should boot to bios
in bios make cdrom bootable first disable boot floppy seek
disable video shadowing
turn off machine unplug install cdrom turn machine back on install a clean disc
anything bootable you can fine and dwnld lots of free stufff that will boot from a cd
if that works move on to the HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back