Need help with wireless adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexgoh

Hey guys, recently after installing windows XP, my linksys WUSB54G seems to have a problem. Whenever i boot up my computer, the adapter seems to be inactive straight away. So then i have to disconnect it and reconnect it in order to get it active. I'm wondering what's wrong with my adapter and hope you guys can enlighten me. I'm running on AMD Athlon 3200+, MSI K8N Neo2, 1Gb ram and a 450W power supply. Thanks for the help given.

well since you just re-installed windows xp, i will say you should make sure to install all necessary updates, including SP2. Another thing you can do is to go online and install the latest drivers ....

Yes i have done that. I have installed the latest drivers from the linksys website and updated my XP. It was after all these updates that this problem started to surface.

have u install the drivers for the wireless adapter (network card)? if not that is deffinately the first place to start.

Yes i have. My windows does detect it. It's just that when it boots up, the utility shows it as inactive. Thus, i have to dc it and then reconnect it.

41E1V9TZ3RL._AA280_.jpg

You got this above right? Why are you using this instead of using wireless PCI adapter which is more stable and faster.. This device above might have stopped working, and needs to be replaced since you have done most of techs and repair places would to to try to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back