Need Help With Wireless Networking

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my 2nd post on this site. Ok, at the moment I am connected to the internet on my wireless computer upstairs, its a dell dimension 2400 desktop. I have a Linksys WRT54G router with a WMP11 Wireless-B PCI adapter. Now I talked to the guy from Linksys last night untill 4am and he didnt solve anything, how convenient right? Currently I have the (Use windows to configure my wireless network settings) and the computer is working. Only problem with that is that everytime the computer restarts or has to be restarted I have to reconfigure the network connections again. It also is using a default Ip address. Any help? Thanks

Box or internet

Are you having issues connecting to the wireless router or the internet?

Can you load the linksys drivers and not the software.

I really dont like linksys sometimes.

Do you have one of those pci wireless cards or the usb kind?

I agree that I think it would be better to disable the Linksys management software from loading @ startup. For that matter, you could probably even uninstall it since the driver would have been installed elsewhere anyway.

Seems like Windows management and the Linksys management are fighting for control. I've had the same issue myself and just took it out of the startup queue.

I would but the thing is last time when I deleted the Wlan monitor from Linksys my whole network went down and I had to reinstall Windows Xp all over again to fix the problem. All the Drivers are loaded and I have a PCI wireless network card Wmp11. I am seeing if the problem was with the router because my PCI Card is a Wireless-B and I had a Wireless-G router. Now I am in the process of reinstalling my Linksys BEFw11s4 Wireless-B router.

Well you definitely don't want to have to go through re-installing XP again. You still might trying just disabling it from startup. You can always re-enable that easily enough.

I don't know you're router for certain, but all of the Linksys G routers I have used default to 'mixed' meaning it will work with both B and G. And if it ever worked, that wouldn't have changed.

Still sounds like head bumping between XP and Wlan.

You can't uninstall the linksys software, you can only disable it, if you uninstall it, you won't get any networks cause the adapter won't work.

Ok, now that i have my network up and running again, another quick question... Everytime I restart my computer my network settings dont hold, and i have to manually configure the set up on my wireless desktop computer just kind of a pain. The only way i can seem to get it to work is to enable the "use windows to configure my network settings".

are you using winME? try going into the default user (if you got multiple user logins) and configure them from the root level (not safe mode), then when you go to your normal user it should hold..

How Do You Disable Linksys? My Problem Is That I Dowloaded The Firmware Update And Now Have No Internet Access. Tech Support Tries To Guide Me Via Email To Correct Problem But They Always Want Me To Go Online To Finish And I Do Not Have That Access. I Want To Start Over With The Original Version I Had (v.2) But Can't If I Can't Access The Internet. Any Help Would Be Appreciated.

tried looking for the reset button?

You can get your friend to download anything needed.. i'm sure some are kind enough :)

what have you attempted to do to fix your problem so far?

Hi

This is my 2nd post on this site. Ok, at the moment I am connected to the internet on my wireless computer upstairs, its a dell dimension 2400 desktop. I have a Linksys WRT54G router with a WMP11 Wireless-B PCI adapter. Now I talked to the guy from Linksys last night untill 4am and he didnt solve anything, how convenient right? Currently I have the (Use windows to configure my wireless network settings) and the computer is working. Only problem with that is that everytime the computer restarts or has to be restarted I have to reconfigure the network connections again. It also is using a default Ip address. Any help? Thanks

I understand from your issue that everytime when you restart your computer, you need to configure your network again and Could you please let me knwo how long are you facing this issue? You can mail me to ga_nesh77@yahoo.com

Are you able to contact the router, by giving the router page address on the website? are you able to ping with the router?

Please let me know by e-mail. I would be glad to help you in this issue.

I guess, I provided some steps that you would be trying new today??

I now look forward to your reply...

Thanks & Regards,
Ganesh.L

MAILTO:ga_nesh77@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back