Need Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still using my old PC (PIII800 on Abit VL6, 256MBSDRAM, 64MB Abit Siluro VGA) and about two days ago it was working just fine.

Then my monitor just blacked out. I knew right away it was not just some loose cable since the monitor LED changed into 'not connected' color. I sent the monitor to the repair shop, then I borrowed a spare monitor from a friend.

I thought everything was OK when I plugged it in my system but to my surprise, it still showed the same symptoms. I was listening to some my MP3's when the monitor just blacked out and along with it, my music.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Sounds lik ethe monitor is fine. Hopefully the shop won't charge you. I'd suspect that your PSU died. Is the system doing anything at al when you turn it on?

That was fast :)

Hey thanks for the quick reply!

Anyway, the CPU is still generally powered after the black-out. The LED is still on, the fans are still running. I remember that I had the PC working for about 4hrs last night then it happened again. Now its working again and I know its only a matter of time before it blacks out again.

A friend told me it might be the Mobo.. But I would like to seek other opinions as well..

PS
By the way, the PC did show some freaky things when I turned it on AFTER it blacked out. I noticed that the CPU cooler fan was NOT running. Then I restarted it after sometime and the CPU cooler was up and running.

Hmmm

1.Try to remove all the dust from inside the case, if any, and pay attention to the fans.
2.Try to update your video card drivers
3.Run a full-system diagnostic program like the ones to be found on UltraBoot Cd or Hirens Boot Cd, I cannot remember any of their names now.

And last, but not least, a ton of luck!

In addition to the above monitor the voltages and se if you're getting any strange fluttuations on the 12 volt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back