Need info on sound cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludwig

Right now I don't have a sound card.. Nore do I know much use for them..

If I get a sound card will it help my CPU useage? Memory usage? or anything to help my motherboard out?

I do like to listen to music all of the time, and play lots of gaming. My computer will be hooked up to my kenwood stereo system, would it be worth geting a sound card where it will be through my stereo?

I'm hoping that you mean you have an integrated audio chip and are curious if you should upgrade to a high fideltiy audio card.

Basically if everything sounds good to you, then you don't need one. However, depending on what type of integrated audio you have, you may need to upgrade to get 5.1 or better surround sound support, digital out, or whatever features you find you need.

If you're looking at increasing your computers performance, theres better ways to go than upgrading the sound card.

Sounds

Just realy wondering, if I did get a sound card would it help with other hardware useage as a plus?

Already got a powerfull enough computer.. Just would it help if I were to get one anyways..

Hummm yea kinda a pointless question, but I just like to know that much more about computers..

Theoretically, yes. Integrated sound relies on CPU clock cycles for processing where a seperate card would do its own processing. However in my experience, I've seen some sound cards come with software that would more than mitigate the improvement.

Sound blaster 2

So just depends.. Thanks on that info..

Now here's another question..

Geting info to help my bro now.. He haves a nice new computer, Sound Blaster 2 sound card is installed. For recording with any mic it should be dry. (I mean as in no sound FX when recording.) Then you would get a software and remix it and do whatever to it.. What software is the best (or well known) for Rap/hiphop sounds with the signing? When recording a mic, (I just want to make sure), mics are only mono?

( Hope you guys don't mind the off of typic questions, but it is about sounds :p )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back