Need opinion on new CPU and MoBo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now I have an old Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz and some old crappy dell MoBo that you can't find any info on. I would like to get a Core Duo that's obviously better then the CPU I have now but cheap around $150-250. I don't know to much on how to compare GHz from CPU to CPU to see which is faster so... I need help on that. I would also like to get a MoBo that supports crossfire. I would like to get a ATI radeon x1900 to use with my ATI radeon Sapphire x800 GTO. I can find the MoBo but anyone recommend what I should get for a CPU?
(keep in mind I'm a big gamer playing Battlefield 2, Battlefield 2142, and Counter Strike: Source) Thanks =) goodies!

"(keep in mind I'm a big gamer playing Battlefield 2, Battlefield 2142, and Counter Strike: Source) Thanks =) goodies!"

Trash the whole Dell system and build yourself a new system. The Dell power supply is most likely not good enough to support any new CPU or motherboard

EMT What!!!

Intel states that their newer processors will only run with a 64 bit enabled BIOS. That's even with 32 bit operating systems. That's all the Cedar Mills. And to the best of my knowledge the Conroes as well. I have read many product reviews on the P4s (631, 641 etc) with guys bellyaching that they won't run in their old mobos.
Just a note of caution.

yeh dell computers are **** pc tbh... i'd get a am2 mobo (around 50-90pounds) and a anthlon 64 2x 4600+ or 4800+ xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back