Need some help Pleeease!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this kind of weird problem with Norton System works. I have had it installed for about 9 months with absolutely no problems. The today I go to do a live update and it say install failed. I contacted Symantec and they told me to uninstall and the reinstall. Which I did but still the same thing, install failed. I even tried it with the firewall disabled and all pop up blockers off. Still the same thing. Hasanyone had this problem? Can Someone please try to help. I feel very vulnerable with my AV Files not updated. Oh yes Windows XP Home ED. HP304w 1800+ AMD Athlon.

Meaningless post titles (like yours) do not attract any attention!
Before you post, check out what type of forums are available, then put your post in the PROPER forum.
Your problem belongs in the OS & Software group, under Security and the Web.
By posting in the right place, you have the best chance of getting a proper answer.
And if you look around in that same forum, you will find that you, and thousands of other people, have problems with Symantec/Norton junk. Have a look!

And by the way, Welcome to TechSpot!

Meaningless post titles

This is actually the first time I have ever posted on a forum. Sorry, I didnt mean to clutter your space. I thought this was a place forfriendly people to ask questions, and now I know what you mean by the topics etc.. Just to let you know I have used everything from AVG, Panda, Mcafee and Norton just to name a few. Nortons wins hands down. I found the problem to be a little disaster of a program that I unfortunatly got from TS. But thanks alot, I will surely be more selective the next time. Instead of using this junk I will be going back to fileforum where there not so nasty and belittling.

This is a free world and you are welcome to go where you please.

Just don't count on much, if any, help with post-titles like yours.
You'll find this is the same anywhere!

Sorry

Sorry, I didnt mean to make you sore, I just figured that since this was a place of Tech, there would be a little more professionalism from the geek squad.
After all it was a prog from here that caused the crash. Peace Man, Have some tranquility. YO!

As a temporary solution you can download some free antivirus soft, try AVG.

Then I'd say you have two options:

1. get back on the line with the Norton boyz and have them help you get things up and running.
2. dump norton and use something else. People around here rave about AVG and it is free!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back