Need Suggestions on a Solid, Stable AM2 Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Route44

This system I will be building for a friend will be a non-gaming, non-overclocking rig for the purposes of Window Office work, Windows Publishing, video and picture editing, online banking, DVD burning, internet surfing, downloading music and other things, and other applications such as Quick Books.

I have done a lot of research into AM2 boards, including here, but there is so much to consider I could use some help in finding a good board. A number of them seem to be picky about RAM while some others have issues with certain X2 cores.

Why AM2? To take advantage of AMD's huge price drop in their X2 chips. He figures with what it will be used for it should last him for some time, thus the need desire for a solid, steady and reliable motherboard.

I did look seriously into the Asus M2N-E nForce 570 Ultra MCP but I have read online of MANY people having issues with this board even at stock settings.

Desired Parameters:

1. Buget: $75 - $125

2. No onboard video.

3. Can do at least 8 Gigs of RAM (for the future); but 4 Gigs is definitely doable.

Thanks.

Im using the MSI K9A Platinum mobo with a AMD X2 5000+, 2gig ram and a x1900. Not a bad board and was around 80 quid if i remeber correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back