Need the tools/knowledge to get the BIOS Password for Dell Latitude C600 notebook

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased a Dell Latitude C600/C500 model PP01L at the Salvation Army's outlet store.
I can not access any drives (CD, Hard-drive, floppy-drive) nor can I access CMOS-Setup. I simply receive a Message: "" This computer system, # 52WJP01-595B, is protected by a password authentication system. You cannot access the data on this computer without the correct password.
Please type in the primary or administrator password and press <Enter> ""
I noticed that the website postings mentioned " latitude.exe " (password generator file/program) which I tried but it is geared to only receiving 5 (five) characters for the Service_Tag_#. I also saw mention of Latitude_MasterPW.exe as being able to generate a Latitude password in response to receiving the Service_Tag_# as an input instruction but I have not seen that anywhere for downloading. Where can Latitude_MasterPW.exe (password generator file) be downloaded and does anyone know if it would solve my problem and work for my model (C600/C500) Latitude?
Any help would be appreciated.
My Dell is a: Latitude C600/C500 model PP01L
Computer system: # 52WJP01-595B
Service Tag #: 52WJP01
Express Service Code: 13054894417
Thanks in advance

Moderator Edit:
Those free programs are in this thread: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic90285.html

you can try finding the manual online and see what it says about resetting the laptop cmos.

Dell often leaves a backdoor password for their techs to get into the BIOS, though I'm not sure if this is also the case for the BIOS password...

try "DELL", "dell" and "Dell", but reboot before the third try, to make sure you don't lock the computer..

C600 BIOS Password

Hi, i'm new to the spot. just bought a used latitude c600 which was not powering up. finally got it to power up by removing the cmos batter but now am being asked for BIOS password. service tag #D3PMG01-D35B.. have been reading through a few threads about MasterPM.exe but that appears to be for harddrive p/w. can someon point me in the right direction?? thanks in advance.

IF YOU GO TO WWW.SUPPORT.DELL.COM AND IN THE SEARCH BOX TYPE TRANSFER OWNERSHIP AND DO THE ONLINE FORM TO TRANSFER OWNERSHIP; AND THEN CALL DELL SUPPORT ABOUT 2 HOURS AFTER COMPLETING THE ONLINE FORM, DELL WILL GIVE YOU SUPPORT (FREE OF CHARGE)ON REMOVING THE BIOS PASSWORD. TRUST ME, BEEN THERE; DONE THAT SUCCESSFULLY

MrGaribaldi said:
Dell often leaves a backdoor password for their techs to get into the BIOS, though I'm not sure if this is also the case for the BIOS password...

try "DELL", "dell" and "Dell", but reboot before the third try, to make sure you don't lock the computer..
This does not work for me, and I have an Admin password. I tried the debug utility suggestion as well... Run Paragons' software or short the chip on the motherboard, seems the most affective methods mentioned.
I tried using a number of password guesses, never did lock up on me
BILL

WHICH ONE DOESN'T WORK FOR YOU> THE SUPPORT AT DELL OR THE BACK DOOR METHOD? I AM TELLING YOU IF YOU TRANSFER OWNERSHIP VIA THE DELL WEBSITE, THEY WILL HELP YOU WITH THAT ISSUE!!!!!!!!:knock: :eek:

I hope you're aware CAP use is for shouting in cyberspace... I can 'hear' you fine
I did a live chat with DELL help, they referred me to IT dept and a phone call... They then took my own phone, They didn't give me much in the way of specifics, though they suggest with the eBay seller info I have the information I need. I tried the form, but it lists me only as the owner!
Bill

Can you remove the CMOS coin cell? If so, then you should disconnect the machine from the psu, remove the battery and leave it for 30 seconds with no power, this usually always works for me anyway.

Lost Gigabites

Hi i wonder if anyone can help me, I have a Dell Latitude c600 Laptop...with a 20gb Hard Drive, And i have just formatted it (the way i do when formatting a Base Unit...3 x dos diskc to format the drive) any way i formatted the drive and installed Windows XP PRO, The thing is that when it all finished installing and i went to the properties in C:, instead of seeing 20gb capacity, it has 1.99gb capacity with 1.62gb used, I went into the Bios setup screen and it see's the drive as 20gb (20005mb), Pleas could anyone help me resolve this problem...step by step would be great...as i'm a bit of a thiko when it comes to these things.
Many Many thanks to all in advance

Hi, Not sure about what you use to format, however, I just use an MS Dos disk, usually a later one for XP to on to, then use the Fdisk to set up the partition. You could use an older MS OS as well, then convert it to NTFS.
I have made up several HDDs for laptop use and my eMachine's original restore disk on my desktop, via adapter, then moved to the laptop loaded with audio, video and modem driver, ready to use with programs as well, however XP is not kind to swapping this way due to security/anti-piracy.
One way to go is buy a Dell COA you can use, it can be a desktop COA not in use and work just fine. I tried this method with success
Bill

Forgive my above typos, however, specifically about the size reported in Windows, I would first suspect a partitioning error. If you haven't set up your desktop, try it again and use the MS Dos utility of Format as well, one of those allows you to view partitions and space allocated.... In fact, try a tool like that as a floppy boot directly. Normally when under several partitions, in one OS form per HDD, you'd see multiple letters assigned after the initial C:, as you do with memory cards added, etc.

you should check the disk manager, which is accessible thru the control panel.

in windows, click start > control panel > administrative tools > computer management. In the left pane, under "storage", select "disk management." What partition information does it show for your drive?

need master password for bios
help plz!!!

Dell Inspiron 1300
service tag: 792RK2J-595B
express service code:157-863-168-91

Hi Paragon33 and all others. please help me. I have Dell D820 and at me a problem with his loading. At inclusion writes Invalid configuration information - please run SETUP program after that the grey screen with inscription This computer system, #2LTZ82J-595B, is protected by a password authentication system. you cannot access the data on this computer without the correct password.

Please type in the system or administrator password and press <Enter>
Prompt that I can make as to load new Bios or to remove the password.
Mine e-mailemail removed

Dell latitude d620

dell latitude d620

express service code - 184 319-609-23

service tag - 8gtww2j - 595b

need bios password reset

thanks!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moderator Edit:
This old thread is being Closed as it was suppose to be about "Dell Latitude C600 notebook Password knowledge"
If Viewers wish to still post, then they should first Read here: Dell Bios Password removal. Read this first BEFORE posting.
And then check for any other Stickies at the top of the Mobile Computing forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back