Need to disable NIC Card in Bios?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rilla927

Hi gang,

I have a HP Pavillion zd7160us laptop and I need to disable the built in NIC Card through the bios so I can use the new Notebook Adapter from Buffalo I bought.

The system was freezing after I installed Buffalo's driver and I called tech support and they said to disable the onboard wireless through the bios.

I looked and can't find anything that is related.

Thanks,

Hi

I did a google of your model( point 5 in Pros from this review) and it says there is a switch on the case to turn off the WIFI, not sure where.

Regards

You should be able to do this by going to Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager, then click on the Network line, then Action, to disable or remove.
Be advised on a few models, your computer will attempt to reinstall the network interface when you come back from a cold boot, so be prepared to say no.

raybay said:
You should be able to do this by going to Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager, then click on the Network line, then Action, to disable or remove.
Be advised on a few models, your computer will attempt to reinstall the network interface when you come back from a cold boot, so be prepared to say no.
if removed, it will complain, so just DISABLE it and there's no hassle from then on.

Hi Guys,

Thank you for all the replys.

When I posted before the windows wireless driver was disabled. Then I actually uninstalled it and I still have the same problem.

Called Buffalo back and they said it has to be disabled from the bios because windows will still fight for control which is causing the conflict. It's been 29 hours I have been at this with 5 hours sleep out of that. I'm so pissed. I paid $100.00 for this adapter I can't use. I think it's their drivers themselves.

Six hours out of that 29 was spent waiting for them to pick up the phone.

Did it have a switch then ?

If not look in the BIOS for Onboard LAN controller or similar..

Regards

IMHO, you should go and find better support. Windows will work just fine with two, three or even more network adapters and the builtin wired adapter can't possibly conflict with any wireless software.

To avoid any problems, just disconnect the wired adapter from the network - Windows will see this and get rid of any corresponding routes and suchlike that could interfere with anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back