Need to remove: Security Toolbar 7.1 & zlob

Status
Not open for further replies.

bakedapple

Hi
I have been struggling to get rid of 'Security Toolbar 7.1' and 'win32.trojandownloader.zlob'. I am sure these problems have caused lots of others to invade my system.
I have followed the preliminary removal instructions.

After running these tools my IE toolbar has a bunch of new Yahoo links and still has a suspisous request that has an orange yield sign +'Upgrade your Toolbar Now!'.
Please Help!

I have the logs available but the forum will not let me post the complete logs as there is a 10,000 char limit. Then it said I had links in the log.... so now there are no logs
What should I do?

Hi bakedapple and welcome to TechSpot.:wave:

You need to have a read of this - If your system is infected. Read this before deciding whether to CLEAN or REFORMAT.

Then if you should wish to proceed with cleaning your system you need to go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, Combofix, and AVG Antispyware logs as ATTACHMENTS into this thread, only after doing the above.
We also need to know the result of Panda Antirootkit.

This thread is for the use of bakedapple only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I have the logs but the attachment paper clip makes a 'thunk' noise so I can't seem to attach anything.
The Panda rootkit said no rootkits.

Here are the LOGs!
It let me attach them this time!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

SpyGuardPro

Close control panel.

Open notepad and copy/paste the text in the code box below into it:
NOTE* make sure to only highlight and copy what is inside the quote box nothing out side of it.
Also ..

Pay particular attention to this :-

Make sure the word File:: is on the first line of the text file you save (no blank line above it, & no space in front of it)
Code:

File::
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rxmmfvin.dll
C:\TEMP\itfiepjeEBOOK.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mbyutqem.dll
C:\sdat5164.exe
C:\sdat5163.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\windrv.sys
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nwogdwkp.dll.vir
C:\WINDOWS\system32\gebcyax.dll.vir
C:\WINDOWS\system32\sstts.dll

Folder::
C:\VundoFix Backups
C:\Program Files\SpyGuardPro
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rMa02yy

Registry::
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\~\Browser Helper Objects\{4259B69E-C468-4128-85D7-2132DA044F0F}]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\~\Browser Helper Objects\{549B5CA7-4A86-11D7-A4DF-000874180BB3}]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"DXDllRegExe"=-
"19e2513e"=-

Save this as CFScript.txt

Then drag the CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe as you see in the screenshot below.

CFScript.gif

This will start ComboFix again. After reboot, (in case it asks to reboot), post the contents of Combofix.txt in your next reply together with a fresh HJT log.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of bakedapple only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thanks for your help!
Here Hijack [crusty] file
I found a Yahoo toolbar which I removed after running the combofix.
Would you like me to run combofix again?

Combo fix log will not upload. I have changed the name 3 x and I still get this message:

revCFlog.txt:
You have already attached this file in thread : Need to remove: Security Toolbar 7.1 & zlob

Trying this again ....
Copy of revCFlog.txt:
You have already attached this file in thread : Need to remove: Security Toolbar 7.1 & zlob

Thee reason you can`t attach your Combofix log is because it`s exactly the same Combofix log as you attached originally. In other words, you`ve posted the old Combofix log.

Please go back to my instructions in post #4, then post a fresh log files.

Regards Howard :)

I have tried 3x to run combofix again.
I get this message:

Abort - 07-11-08.3
Current date is 2007-11-19. This copy of Combofix has expired.
Please download an updated copy.

then combofix is removed from the machine.
I have downloaded it a couple of times and retried it.
I also erased all the combofix.txt logs before trying to run it again just to make sure I did not send the wrong one.

BANG HEAD HERE ->.....

Combofix seems to have a built in expiry date, you are not the only person having problems with it at the moment. Try it again tomorrow, with a bit of luck it will have been updated by then.

Yes, Combofix is having problems at the moment, I`ve checked it out and I`m having exactly the same problem with Combofix too.

Hopefully, it`ll get fixed real soon. In the meantime, please do the following.

Please download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS and save it to your Desktop.
DISCONNECT FROM THE INTERNET...REMOVE THE PLUG FROM THE BACK OF THE COMPUTER

Close all other windows before proceeding.

This means TURN OFF ALL other security programmes.
Norton Anti-virus, AVG Anti-spyware or any other security programmes you`re running.

Double-click on dss.exe and follow the prompts.
When it has finished, dss will open two Notepads main.txt and extra.txt -- please attach the main.txt and extra.txt in your next reply.

Re-enable your security programmes and reconnect to the net.

That looks ok. However, I`d like you to do the following, just to make sure.

1. Please download The Avenger by Swandog46 from HERE. Save it to your Desktop and extract it.

2. Download the attached avengerscript.txt and save it to your desktop

Note: the above code was created specifically for this user. If you are not this user, do NOT follow these directions as they could damage the workings of your system.

3. Now, start The Avenger program by double clicking on its icon on your desktop.

Under "Script file to execute" choose "Load script from file".
Now click on the folder icon which will open a new window titled "open Script File"
navigate to the file you have just downloaded, click on it and press open
Now click on the Green Light to begin execution of the script
Answer "Yes" twice when prompted.

4. The Avenger will automatically do the following:

It will Restart your computer. ( In cases where the code to execute contains "Drivers to Unload", The Avenger will actually restart your system twice.)
On reboot, it will briefly open a black command window on your desktop, this is normal.
After the restart, it creates a log file that should open with the results of Avenger’s actions. This log file will be located at C:\avenger.txt
The Avenger will also have backed up all the files, etc., that you asked it to delete, and will have zipped them and moved the zip archives to C:\avenger\backup.zip.

5. Please attach the content of c:\avenger.txt into your reply.

Thanks, I'll do that right now.

Hi
Here is the avenger log. FYI there appeared to be several script errors and the system rebooted once.
Also I checked the running processes and these were running
lsass.exe
csrss.exe
smss.exe​
Are these benign or am I being paranoid?
Thanks!

lsass.exe
csrss.exe
smss.exe

Are all fine, so don`t worry about them.

Your log file is ok, the files weren`t found as they`d obviously been removed previously.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Now, turn system restore back on. This will have deleted all your old restore points and any nasties that are in them. It will also have created a new, clean restore point.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Thanks!

Thanks for your help!
Do you think I should use a registry cleaner tool?
Or will that just cause new trouble?
Thanks again!

I don`t recommend the use of registry cleaning tools. They can often cause more problems than they solve.

Ok!

OK, thanks for the advice. I'll stay away from those!
I have already reset the restore point.
I am so relieved it has taken all week to fix this issue. I really appreciate your help!

This thread is now closed: If you need this thread unlocking, please pm a moderator with a link to the thread.

Only the original thread starter can do this. Anyone else, will be ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back