My current set up is

windows vista home prem..

asus p5b 4 gig ram

core 2 duo 2.6 @ 2.6

xfi fatality xtreme music sound card..

nvidia 8800 evga 320 mbs.

2 hard drives 250 gigs and a 300 gigs serial ata and serial ata 2

dvd rw and dvd rw combo drive

now i am upgrading my processor to the new core 2 duo 3.0 @ 3.0 this week do you guys think i shoud upgrade mobo as well or stick with the one i have?

It seems to me.....

Shouldn't you be able to get 3.0Ghz out of the processor you have? Everybody's complaining about the FSB speed of the new E6x50 series. Something about the RAM needing to be too fast for a good overclock.

2.6GHz and 3.0GHz are not that far apart... what have you been able to achieve with your 2.6GHz CPU?

also, why is it important that you use stock cooling? instead of spending a small fortune on a new processor thats only slightly better than the one you have now, you could spend a fraction of that on a more effective cooling solution for your existing processor

:rolleyes:

you have my dream computer...i wouldn't be complaining until some radical new must-have came out....but that's just me. i've always been stuck with the same low end piece of 5h17 for near 6 years.

but on a more serious note, i'd agree with cody. you could definitely coax some more processing power and performance with better cooling....

whats a good fan to get i have to get it from amazon as i have a gift cert there..so link me to a good one for my core 2 duo socket 775

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back