needs drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys i hope some of u can help me i am a newbie here and i reside in new zealand....i have a computer that has crashed on me and i get a sign after booting up that says there is no hard drive detected...windows/system32/config/system is the file that is missing apparently...i know that my hard drive is responding as it gets got and it has been checked but i am told that i need to press f6 at boot up and insert a floppy disc with new drivers on it but i dont know how or where to get them...my hd is a 120 gig with model st3120026as and my mother board is a gigabyte one with ga7vt600 1394 on it..can i bloody find what i need..i dont think so..my comp bloke wont even help me..what the hell do i do to avoid a huge bill from some con artist retailer...please please help me some one as i need to start continue in my business start up so i can build a site to sell my wares

my son had the same problem and it turned out to be a virus that wiped the config file. we repaired the windows file by doing a repair from the os cd....

hope this helps
darby26 :)

hi yes i think that is what the problem is also but i am loading the set up disk for windows pro xp but i keep getting the same message that i dont have a hard drive..is it possible that the virus has stuffed it..

how is the hdd connected??? via scsii or possibly SATA... if so you will need the floppy disk that you received with the motherboard for the SATA/scsii controller card that is onboard on your motherboard

then you need to hop over to the gigabyte website and download the SATA drivers for your mobo...

then when you boot to the setup hit the F6 and insert the disk you put the new sata drivers on and it will have no problems... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back