Nero Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshields13

I recently installed Nero 6 Suite 3 on my new laptop. I have been running Nero 5.5 on my desktop. Both have XPSR1. I have formated a CD-RW with the 5.5 and copied some folders to the CD. When I tried to use that CD in the laptop, I got a blue screen that said windows had shut down because of bad hardware or software. I tried that CD twice and got the same thing. It works fine with the desktop. I then formated a disk with the laptop (Nero 6) and copied the same files from the desktop to the CD. That one worked just fine in both machines. Does anyone know if there is a problem with newer versions of Nero reading disks formated with 5.5? Seems strange that a newer version of Nero can't read an older version.

Just curious. Thanks all.

Jeff

Are you using the packet writing software INCD to format your disks or Neroburning rom ?
INCD formats from the right click menu on the drive in Exporer.
Nero 5.5 comes with INCD 3.** ver 6 comes with INCD 4.**
When I had both Nero versions I updated 5.* with INCD 4.* and it worked fine.You can check the site to see if it still does.
You can also add EasyWrite reader (download from Nero utilities ,Free) and load it on the Laptop it allows any machine to read Nero formatted disks.
I also found that I had less conflicts between my Laptop and my Desktop when I had the same user Name& Workgroup name on both machines (you probably do I am just checking)

Thanks for your replies. I am using InCD. I will download the latest version to install on the 5.5. I was thinking of deleting the version 5.5 and installing the OEM 6. That way both machines will have the same thing on them.

Before you delete your 5.5, check that that OEM6 works on the other machine. OEM versions are particular where CDRW brand is concerned, and cannot normally be installed on another CDRW than they were "branded" for.

Thanks Real. Actually, the OEM6 I have in my laptop was purchased separately. After I installed it, I registered it with Nero and they didn't seem to have a problem. It works fine with the CDRW that was in the laptop. That's why I though I could install it on the desktop with the same results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back