Nero suite 6 cd burner troubleshooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
please help me! i have had my nero suite 6 cd burner for approximately 8 months. in the middle of burning a cd it will just stop burning. the program hasnt exactly froze becuase the amount of time it shows to record keeps going. i dont kno if its the software or hardware? can anyone tell me anything? why does it stop recording?

Can you get the error log (or event log). Nero usually generates a log file but it may only do that on errors. Have you tried upgrading to a later version?

i have no idea what the event logs are about., i havent seen anything about it. and no i have not tried upgrading. i may do that. if the cd burner had been placed on top of the modem, would there be any kind of magnetic damage or something like like that?

Things like event logs and such are necessary to help trouble shoot your problem.
I doubt that the modem sitting on the top of you Rom drive will magnetize the media especially since rom burns with lasers. But it might be generating more heat , Is there another spot it could sit.
One thing could be no room left on you HDD for Caching of files to be burnt.Hard to say.
You will need to go to Nero's web site and do some reading , since a number of things could cause your problem .
There you can also update to the latest version .
Also you can find out about Log files and a couple of trouble shooting tools they have.
Just run a search at their site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back