Nero v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

hullupelle

Hi,

Have just joined this forum and must say it is a very good site giving lots of helpful advice. Anyway, I have upgraded my CDRW recently where before I was still using Easy CD creater 4 and everything worked brilliantly. However, I have copied a few audio Cd's using nero v5 from mp3's on the hard drive but none of these CD's work in audio CD players i.e CD player in car. Please could someone advise me on how to do this properly.

:)

*Trying to remember vaguely since the last time i used nero was ages ago*
In the Nero Wizard is you select an audio CD instead of a data CD and then drag the MP3s onto the disk it *should* work in any normal CD player, if i remember rightly.
It might also be worth upgrading to nero 6.3 - that is supposed to make burning mp3 cds much easier (i cant remember if nero 5 supports it properly)
hope that helps

Steg

open nero, new complation thing shoudl come up, if not go to File -> New.
Click Audio CD
Click New
Drag your mp3s over
Click the "burn" icon, should be right below the "dow" part of the Window menu.
click write

If you are copying directly from CD to CD, be careful of what you copy... Some CDs now are protected in such a manner that they won't play if copied with traditional CD burning software.

Thanks for the info everyone. I have burned the CD's as suggested but it still does not work in my car CD player, in my hifi and in my mates car CD player. The files are copied as I can see the files in windows explorer and yes they are all CDA files and it plays in the DVD/CDROM. I have no idea why it does not work and it is really pis*ing me off.

out of interest (I may have posted about a similar problem in windows OS) right click on one of the tracks on the burned CD, select properties from the pop-up menu, and tell us what the size of the file is.

Originally posted by Spike
out of interest (I may have posted about a similar problem in windows OS) right click on one of the tracks on the burned CD, select properties from the pop-up menu, and tell us what the size of the file is.

Right clicked onto tracks. And it shows only 44bytes. Nero must have somehow made a shortcut! Spike do you anyway it could copy a whole file?

lol. Thought as much. It's exactly the same problem as I get from time to time. I haven't worked out how to solve it yet, and I don't know why it happens.

You aren't doing much wrong in trying to burn the CD though. I think this is a OS based problem, or maybe just a problem with Windows Media Player (which if I recall is used by nero as an extention to burn audio CD's.).

Pop across to the OS section and take a look at the thread I started there this afternoon. I don't think theres an answer there, but try the suggestions anyway. I suspect this may be a common problem that not many seem to know of.

Spike,

Just converted my mp3 files to wav files and copied as usual and it worked in a normal CD player. So by converting to wav files we dont get short cut files copied on tot he CD no more.

Cheers for the advice spike.:)

I have been useing Nero for years and I highly recommend it.
Be aware !Nero does not like other write applications at all.
They have a Clean tool and Registry Checker in their downloads section that works wonders .
Also version 6.3 is fancier than I prefer but works fantastic !
You can try a demo if you are not sure.
There site is convoluted so call me back if you need more help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back