NES Syndrom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just built my rig not so long ago, maybe 3 months ago. Everything has been running smoothly untill 3 days ago. While playing some WoW, the screen went black with some red and gred dot pixelization. After the picture restored itself, all the textures were missplaced and torn.

My problem is that I can't determine if its the video card or the mobo myself. I know with the description above it sounds like a video card issues. I'm running a Geforce 7600 GT. I've already texted the monitor but I have no PCI or PCI express card in my apartment to do any further texting. All of my college roomates are running AGP cards.

BIO Boot-up screen:

1219072022.jpg

Does this picture give any hints? Should I be looking to replace the video card or run some more test on the mobo?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Looks like pixel art. xD and sadly, looks like a VGA problem...
if your mobo has a AGPslot you can test it with a mate´s Card. Onboard video, anything?
good luck

Nope, only have the one PCI Express slot and no spare cards. Not even a standard PCI slot card. I would have to have spent a large chunk of my student loan money on a video card upgrade and it be a mobo issues. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back