Netgear and Network cable unplugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I have a sony vaio laptop(XP), I was using a DSL internet connection and everything was OK, yesterday I tried to install NetGear WRG614v6 wirless router, I was not able to configure it, but the real problem is that now I'm seeing network cable unplugged all the time. Pls help. I'm not able to use intetnet also.

Thanks
AC

Why weren't you able to configure the netgear router? If not configure correctly won't be able to get a correct signal plus it won't function correctly. Did you just get this device?

Take your time not rushing getting the wireless router to work.

1. Setup 802.11G or better Mode
2. Make sure Wireless Channel is set to Auto
3. Enable DHCP
4. Add your account info for your ISP should be added user and password
5. Test the router with a wired connection to make sure you can get to the internet before continuing on

Don't forget to enable encryption protection so others can't get into your network or even use your wireless bandwidth.

Now what I want is how to get back the original config, so that this Network Unplugged" error should disappear, its not responding when I put the original cable.

Reset the router there should be a pin hole where you can do it. Wait 30 secs then it should go back to the default factory.

I did everything

I had reset the router, used vaio recovery dusk to get original factory config, get the latest driver from realtek and installed, nothing changed the situation.

When you plug in the network cable from your laptop to the router does a light come on the router, that will tell you if you have a "link" if it does not then look to see if the ethernet adapter is enabled on your laptop, check the cable itself to see if it's good and it is the correct one.. Make sure you have it connected to the "LAN" ports and not the "WAN" port. You DSL modem should plug into the "WAN" port on your router using a standard phone cable. The other cable should be an ethernet cable.

I hv tested the cable

I have another computer IBM lenovo, the cable is working fine with it and I can browse internet, the problem comes to Sony, I ran the fully recovery using recovery dis, installed Win 2003, but no effect.

check the device manager and make sure there's no YELLOW or RED marks on
the adaptor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back