Netgear networking across house

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres the 411.
My house is quite big. The office is in the bottom back right and my bedroom is in the top front left. Seperated by about 2 thick brick walls and more wood than the local forest.

I currently have a Netgear DG834PN in the office (where the main PC is and the phone line for adsl) connected to the main PC.

In my bedroom i am using the WPN111 usb adapter to be able to connect to the internet. I am able to, but the signal strength is "very poor" and the internet speed isnt too great.

I also have "WALL-PLUGGED ETHERNET BRIDGE - XE102" for my Xbox 360. However this method isnt stable and again, the internet speed isnt too great.

Is there a way i can use the modem i got with AOL "DG834G" to connect to my PC in my bedroom which would then wirelessly connect to the one in the office? and then connect to my 360?

I dont want to run a huge length of ethernet cable is its a long distance and would really like to have decent interent speeds and able to use xbox live better!

Thanks

The only things i have are the two routers, the usb adapter and an old netgear wireless access point ME102 but that was a ***** to setup last time i tried

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back