Netscape 6.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

boeingfixer

Anyone here use or have experiance with the new Netscape 6.2 ?? I have it installed as a backup to IE, and everytime I log on to 3DS I keep getting a pop up error that says something like "the connection was refused by ad. somethign.com ?? Any ideas ??

I don't have netscape - but occationally 3ds has problems with ads and certain browsers. Julio usually gets it taken care of pretty quick if he knows about it...

I haven't had this issue. But I must admit, Netscape 6.2 seems to work better in Linux than it does in Window$.

I've used Netscape 6 since it was released. I have had those "connection refused" nags, but it's just some ad-sites, it doesn't prevent me from loading 3DS site. You could try different proxy settings, however.

Originally posted by Thunder
So you're the three that still use Netscape.;)

Well, under Linux, yes.

I am afraid that I can't get IE for Linux until the DoJ is finished tearing Microsoft apart.

Originally posted by Thunder
So you're the three that still use Netscape.;)

Actually, I was a staunch Netscape user until 98 came out and I couldn't use Netscape without crashes. I started trying it again with 6.0 and now I have 6.2 that I only occationally use. Lately my IE hasn't been responding or it takes forever to load a web page but NS 6 does it lightning fast !!

Originally posted by Mictlantecuhtli
I've used Netscape 6 since it was released. I have had those "connection refused" nags, but it's just some ad-sites, it doesn't prevent me from loading 3DS site. You could try different proxy settings, however.

Mic, could you tell me where I find that in NS and how/what I change it to ??

I have used Netscape 6.2 a couple of times to check compatibility issues and everything looks good to me, could you please take a screenshot on the error or something like that?

My first guess it's that we are dealing with an issue related to the ad code, so in the worst of the cases I would report that to the network.

Originally posted by boeingfixer
Mic, could you tell me where I find that in NS and how/what I change it to ??
Yes, I can, but not until the end of this week - I'm not at home now. It's in Preferences - Advanced - ..., IIRC.

Yep, in case you still haven't found them, Boeingfixer, proxy settings can be found as follows: Edit - Preferences - Advanced - Proxies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back