Network Cable Unplugged (NIC Card?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a lightning storm wake me up from a nap the other night with my computer still on. When I woke up I went ahead and shut everything down. The next day I got the "Network Cable Unplugged No Internet Connection" . I first thought it might be my cable modem or cable so I plugged the modem into my laptop and it works fine. Would that mean my NIC Card was fried from the storm?. I already reformatted my computer (which I was planning on doing anyway). I checked the device manager and it states my NIC is working correctly. Everything else on the computer is working fine now except I cant get it to read that the cable modem is connected...

Thanks in advance!

I've heard of it happening before!!! Happened to a friend, he just put a new nic in and all was ok!!!!

also, i did this as suggested by someone on another board...:

"start>run>cmd type ping localhost or ping 127.0.0.1
you should get four replies, if not the problem is with your nic."

And I got 4 replies back, does that mean its not my NIC Card?

UGHHHHHHH! So I went out and purchased a new NIC... Now It says I am connected but I cant get the connection to work on my PC. I have disabled, then uninstalled the other NIC. It just says connected buy no data sent back or forth. I am about to implode.. =(

Would you mind posting an ipconfig /all here, so we can get an idea of what's happening?

Start > Run > cmd
Type ipconfig /all

To copy the results, right click the title bar of the command window and click 'Edit'. Click 'Select All' and right click on the selected text. Paste it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back