Network Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maurice

I would like to extend my on-line sessions, I am a fairly slow typist, having never been taught, & would like more time before cut-off, sometimes I have to leave the room, & when I get back, the 30 second count-down has gone, & I'm off-line, & is there a "never" option?, that would be ideal, I'm on dial-up, Wanadoo Anytime. I have been to "Network Connection", but can't see where I can do this, or do I have to go elsewhere?

Thanks, Maurice.

You mean your dialup connection is dropped when there is no traffic?

You can set the timeout on your side in the properties of your dialup connection under the options tab.

If the timeout is on your ISP side then you just have to generate traffic so they wouldn't hang up. It is as simple as opening a command prompt and running ping -t on some server e.g. "ping -t www.google.com". Of course there is special software to do this too if you feel like some fancy system tray icons..

Thanks for that, should have noticed,
I haven't ticked "empty temp I'net folders when browser is closed" should I do so?, advantages/disadvantages please.

Thanks.

advantage / disadvantage

the good: pages load faster cuz they are in cache and only look up for differences in data.

The bad: but acumulate worthless info in your pc when there is no need about sites seen.

Thanks, V, welcome to Techspot!
gentleman.gif

Maurice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back