Network Controller Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

~amanda~

So, I don't know how exactly came to this problem. What happened was, I was trying to install this CD program that came with my new cell phone (by the way I don't know if this has any relation to my problem but it might) and it included something else I needed to install to be able to send music from my computer to my cellphone. Then something went wrong and I won't explain that because it's not relevant to the thread.
I tried to uninstall w/e it was I installed and then restarted my computer thinking it might work again. When I turn on my computer, a few error boxes popped up and had nothing to do with my installation CD. One of which in the Device Manager shows an exclamation mark next to what says Network Controller. I am not sure if it is related to the internet or whatnot but I assumed it was because now I can't connect to the internet. I'm using a wireless router currently. I attempted to fix it with my very little knowledge of computers and I've created a new connection but it can't find a signal from the modem. I've tried using a different Wireless Key and there are no signals showing up. I have no idea what to do and I feel helpless xD Please can anyone address my problem but explain things in simple terms because I'm not very up and advanced in these sorts of areas xD

Thanks to anyone who was willing to read my long post xD
~amanda~

Hi
Is this a laptop? Is this the wireless adapter in device manager? If so, first find the CD that came with the laptop and put it into the drive. Then open the device manager (Control Panel > System > Hardware) and find the network adapter you mention. Right click on it and select update driver. It should find the driver automatically and clear the error.
If not, please let us know.

You could also do a system restore back to a time you know the PC was working well.
System restores take snapshots of your drivers and registry.

Do this throught Start - Programs - Accessories - System Tools

Uhm no it's not a laptop it's a PC and I think it's the wireless adapter in the device manager but it's not called that there. It just says "Network Controller". So I've tried both of the methods there but they didn't work. The system restore said that it couldn't restore my computer back to the time I chose and when I tried to update the program, it sort of kind of worked? Except I think I mentioned this, it couldn't find a signal from the modem and it worked fine before this happened so I doubt the connection is blocked.

Hmm my dad persuaded me to go bring it in somewhere to get it fixed xD So if you guys don't mind I'm gonna try that first. Although if you guys have other ideas in what's wrong with my computer please mention them just incase it might happen again =P

Thanks again,
~amanda~

It seems as if there may be more than one problem here - one to do with the camera and the other with your network card. Normally you would not expect a link between the two but as you say there is more to the story, who knows?
Best of luck with the shop - if you remember, tell us what it was!

In Device Manager, if you only see a yellow question mark with "Network Controller", odds are you need drivers.

on the bad device, uninstall the drive and reboot. Autoconfig should find and
install the correct driver :)

hello ! I have my computer back and it's working great ! Haha I wasn't sure what the problem was and neither did the computer technicians.. but it probably had something to do with me having a bootleg copy of windows XP or something like that. The technician said that once he turned on my computer, it immediately crashed so he couldn't find the problem at all. So anyways that's my happy ending to my story xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back