Network /Ethernet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks, just a quick one for ya. I need to get internet service for a friends PC but Device Manager says there is no ethernet controller. is that the same as a network controller? I found drivers for the network adapter at Driver Guides but nothing that specificly says ethernet driver. The board is an Intel D845GRG in an E4000 seies Gateway that we reinstalled the OS on.

PS Forgot to say that it will be connected to DSL and the OS is Win XP but the only Network adaptor driver says "All Win 2000".

Thanx

Your service provider should provide you with a setup CD.
Your modem should come with a CD.That`s all you should need.

Well the CD is there but weve still got yellow question marks in the device manager. My question is only if I should download these network adapter drivers as ethernet drivers for this board.

If you`ve run the setup and Windows is still screaming for drivers,yes.
It`s suprising that you should have to.XP is normally pretty good at that sort of thing.

get the driver here
----->Intel
put on amchine in a folder
go to the driver hardware (NIC)thats shows the yellow ?
uninstall then follow intructions from the address I gave you

Thanx for everyones help. I ve downloaded what I believe to be the correct LAN drivers from Intels site. I had that page last week and forgot to save it, of course I should have known better. Just to clraify: The initial problem was that we had no controller for te ethernet and we did not have any CDs other than Verizons DSL install cd. I had previously downloaded the bios and audio drivers from Intel but neglected the LAN or ethernet.Samstoned I will install this later today, but Im pretty sure this is what I need.
Thanx to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back