network problem help

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi there just needing some advice really i have two pc's that are on a wired network but i am having problems with one of them the one linked direct to the modem is fine but the other one keeps losing the connection what happens is the icon in network connection disappears and every now and then after a few reboots re appears and will allow me to surf the net is there a reason to the icon in network connection disapearing? if so how do i stop it so i can keep the comp on line with out this hassle i did however notice that this has only been happening since wanapoo changed to orange so far i have to keep setting up a new home network to get round my problem which is fine then after a few days it starts to play up
any advice would indeed be great regards in advance
rob

re network problem

hi the main pc has a usb modem connected to it (modem does'nt have ethernet) the two pc's are then linked via nic cards and cable
the main issue is i seem to be losing the connection to the net only i can still access the files and printer that are on the main pc . main pc has no problem with going on line the main one runs win xp home sp2 and the one that loses the connection runs win xp pro

you could try switching around pro wants to be master browser
ICS may run a contection one at a time
when using the home the pro will drop connection??
I have not tested this!!
xp home and pro have security conflict also
you may want to rethink virtual usb port drivers no friendly
get modem with rj45 jack and a good router no more headaches n heartaches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back